Wednesday 25 May 2016

[Zombicide] Survivors saison 1 - Goth Amy

Little by little my survivors team goes on.
This week I've finished Amy the goth girl inspired by the character of Abby Sciuto in NCIS.
As for the previous survivor I have followed the mini plastic color for the sheme. So violet this time.
This time I've taken some pics of the wip just to share with you some of the process.


Talking about goth look, I had to paint the skin with very pale hue trying to not give an unreal aspect. As usual I've used warcolours acrylic.
So I've started with a base of flesh 2 (similar to elf flesh) with first shades in flesh 5 wich is a kind of purple dark flesh. I didn't want to use any kind of brown or red because it would create an healthy aspect I wanted to avoid. Instead I've added some blue to increase the shading and flesh 1 (pale flesh) and white for the highlight. 
 

As you notice, at this stage I've painted the legs like the other parts without considering the stockings.
For the face I've put some glazes of purple concentring on the eyes and the cheek to simulate the make up and increase the general hue I wanted for the mini.
The upper part of the lips have been pre shaded before during the skin process and simply painted in red with very thin layer. Just a dot of white on the lower part to create some glossy effect and it's done.

I've hesitated to paint the hair directly with a base of purple but then I though that the effect would be probably too cartoon/anime. I wanted to maintain some coherence with the other survivors so I've choosen dark hair with strong reflects of purple. Technically, I've put a base of black with strong highlights in pure white and then applied several layers of purple glazes to give the colors.

For the stockings I've placed first the shape of the holes and then applied the glazes of purple (avoiding the holes of course).
It works very well to create the transparancy of the stocking and let apparent the shades and light painted before on the legs. I put 6 layers of glazes to obtain the right colors.

The shirt has been painted starting by a base of blue grey which is quite light and then highlighted until the pure white. The blue hue is also useful in this case to obtain a cold white and maintain the coherence with the purple hue I wanted for Amy.

The rest of the miniature has been painted mainly with base of black. I've lighted the skirt with purple just to brake a little all the black areas.
I had to paint also the hands with black to cover an ugly casting defect but it was not a big deal as some gloves computed well with the gothic look.
The metal parts (the Katana and the guns) has been painted with black metal and silver and then washed with black armor (Secret weapon wash).

  
It's a pity that the soft plastic used for this mini creates this defect on the katana form. I will try to correct it in a second time with a hair dryer, but to be honnest I'm afraid to make the things even worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment